CZ&SK Clinical Specialist
Are you health educated and want to do business?
The CZ&S Clinical & Medical Affairs (CMA) Clinical Specialist (CS) reports directly to the Senior Clinical Manager EMEA, and is responsible for assisting in customer product training and education to ensure the safe and appropriate use of Teleflex products in line with CMA strategic priorities.
The CS will assist the Senior Clinical Manager EMEA, CMA leadership team and sales team in the identification and delivery of appropriate internal and external customer education programs to support the Teleflex CMA strategy. The post involves providing education at a variety of locations across CZ&S relating to Teleflex products.
As an integral part of the CMA team, performance will be measured on delivery of assigned education, its customer evaluations and feedback from the Senior Clinical Manager EMEA.
Specifically, a series of key metrics will be measured on a quarterly basis.
Overall completion of key strategic initiatives developed in conjunction with the Senior Clinical Manager EMEA & EMEA CMA Leadership team.
Customer support initiatives including education and training support and procedural support.
Overall CZ&S CMA performance.
This important position will educate and support a wide range of healthcare professionals on the safe and effective use of Teleflex products. Through effective customer training programs and support advance clinical practice with the use of Teleflex products.
Provide a support function to the Teleflex sales and marketing team by ensuring that both the sales team and post holder keeps up to date on the latest clinical evidence, practice and developments relating to Teleflex products.
- Collaborate with sales team to customise, monitor & track education plans for accounts in conjunction with the TSM
- Clinical training of customers on the safe and effective use of Teleflex products.
- Deliver CMA approved education presentations relating to select Teleflex products ensuring compliance with Teleflex regulatory requirements.
- Deliver CMA clinical principles, advanced practitioner workshops and procedural cadaver labs.
- Provide effective clinical education as per CMA corporate objectives.
- Ensure all training records are complete and held on file.
- Provide appropriate data to the senior clinical manager to submit quarterly CZ&S CMA activity reports
- Assist with the development and relationship maintenance of Key Opinion Leaders.
- Provide direct clinical support & training to the sales team and all customers.
- Assist with training & education courses (on & off site) in line with faculty director and CM
- Maintain clinical credibility and professional registration.
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities as required to meeting corporate goals.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Professional registration as a Registered Nurse (preferred).
- Advanced Life Support/Immediate Life Support course.
- Degree level qualification preferred but not essential.
- Professional instructors/ formal education qualification desirable.
Work Experience Required:
Proven experience of education and teaching using simulation and workshop approaches.
A minimum of 3 years clinical experience in Paramedicine, Emergency Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine, for adult and/or pediatric patient populations.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Exhibits strong time-management and organisational skills.
- Established track record of building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Clinical proficiency in area of clinical training.
- Post will require frequent travel across CZ&S and occasional trips abroad.
Does all this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you!
How to apply: if you would like to know more, or to apply, please send your application.